Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thirsty Thursday Testimony: Internet Relationship

Welcome to my specific corner of the internet Universe.
I am your host, Matthew Johnson.

This is something random I am creating, inspired by my homie Brantley, and his blog of college adventure and antics found here: http://brantleyblog.wordpress.com/

Internet Relationships.

I would hereby dub myself the "Hitch" of the blogging world, because before I was in high school, I was on the yahoo message boards looking for a lady friend to befriend and make my girlfriend (just like the other teenage dudes who had discovered this enterprise. In this time, I was was going about the rooms and looking for potential gal-pals to make friends with and weed out the ones from the chats to make exclusive friends on my friends list.

On several occasions, I made new *future* girlfriends out of long distance chat and conversing with, and the times eventually became into something much deeper, a modern day long distance relationship.

This happened as my technological advancement  of the internet and forums began to grow and mature into this role that would cater to my future internet interest, and we would be longing to chat with each other all day long (9th grade).

There is one internet girlfriend that I matched up, who was wild, out of the ordinary, and very spontaneous when talking and conversing on the phone - by the way, the messenger forum had moved from keyboard to mobile communication.

She was truly passionate about me, as I to her, and we continued this for a while, but with a newly acquired mobile phone, the text messaging feature was not apart of the phone plan, and I ended up raising a regular 55 dollar payment per month, to an 800 dollar payment just within 3 weeks of meeting and trading texts, pictures, and mobile vocal minutes with this particular lady friend.

Long story short, I ended up burning the bill - even though my parents could see the bill online - did not know that then - and we switch companies once the bill was relieved. I was chewed out, monitored throughout my future mobile usage, and banned from the text message and picture messaging feature with the new company.

Summary: make sure you have proper coverage of your wireless provider,  and if you do fish for companionship via the internet, download an app to transfer information and communicative services to meet and greet your next potential "friend" instead of running up your bill. It is not worth it.

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment