Thursday, March 20, 2014

T.T. Test #3: The Left Lane Research for Reason P.1

Creative University of Earthlings

March 20, 2014
Matthew Johnson

The Left Lane Research for Reason
Attempting to find the Meaning in the Fast Lane

                It all started with a rally. A very FANCY rally that was WAYY out of my league to join. Money, fast cars, skinny women, parties, and sleeping a total of 30 hours in seven days – this was my newest goal for achieving ‘success’ within my mind.

                I was merely that fat guy who lived in Winston that called himself, ‘40’. A jolly bloke who was chill, cheerful, and when under the influence, made the antics known and the immediate setting of others one to follow.

                It changed though. OHHHHH my goodness did it change. Once I had a taste of that left lane dream – my career to be able to afford a $35,000 yearly trip around the world legitimately became my ultimate dream, fantasy, and motivation to be wealthy.

                But, what I did not know what was in store for me and my future would be highly the opposite. It started with a link from youtube. “The Carrera goes crazy”, or something like that. And I was hooked. The pure passion of automobiles, the artistry of design for exotics, and the speed won me over instantly, along with the perfect driving music to keep ones attention on track while driving over 150mph.

                The rally days had begun.

I found a blank cd, recorded tracks that I felt were suitable for driving like a rally professional, and NEVER removed this cd from my cd player inside of my car for at least 4 years. Over and over I constantly played this album, never really focused on the lyrics, but more of the beat and tempo – this became my soundtrack to driving in the fast lane.

What I did not know is that a higher source of creative intervention was riding along beside me the entire time.


(End of part 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment