Sunday, March 9, 2014

Your Hobby is Your Hustle

Creative University of Earthlings

March 9, 2014
Matthew Johnson

Your Hobby is your Hustle

I know I do not know shit, but what I “think” I know, I want to share with the readers of this world.

If you draw, sing, or write with the passion and persistence of an ancient scholar of golden times, this is more than a hobby. This is perhaps something greater that you are continuously mastering as your evolve.

Many of you in the world of writing, drawing, singing, creating whatever you do on the side all have occupations outside of this world of your hobby. Some of you may enjoy that occupation, others may not – like myself – that requires you to pursue and follow that nine to five schedule Monday thru Friday, but you do your thing because you have to – we all do, if we want to continue to stay afloat to be able to create and work out our plans of action and objectives.

For many professionals, their hobby was their hustle, and they were lucky enough to make it happen to where they never have to “work” a day in their life. Simply by doing their hobby, some enjoy their schedules and having the option of working hours that best suit their personality.

Whatever you do with your passion without being told to do it, master this art form. You will be happy in the long run to see yourself grow, mature, and quite possibly build a platform for yourself.

Even if you are doing it for fun, have fun doing it.

I am merely speaking from experience. You have to pay the bills in this man made society of structured slavery. You might as well try to do SOMETHING that you enjoy to survive, right?

*If you are wondering, I am a paper pusher for a corporation that aids in your blissful nights of rest and relaxation. During my breaks, I am drawing, writing, or editing film for comics or shows.


No comments:

Post a Comment